Ninja Ryders Sound is a Sound System & Professional Disc Jockey Service, dealing largely in Reggae, Hip Hop & R&B music, founded by DJ, Recording Artist, Author and Entrepreneur Joel NR Powell.
In 2002 Ninja Ryders Sound became host of their very own radio show broadcasting over the highly innovative music station Sensimedia Network via Los Angeles, California. The Layer Show generated over 20,000 plus online listeners every Saturday from 6-9PM EST. It allowed audiences thru out the world to be able to log on via a computer to some of the most exciting musical experiences ever. The show hosted many guests crowned Reggae diva Nana McLean, Canada’s First World Clash Champion Rebel Tone, Canada’s First International Selector DJ Wiz and many more.
By DJing in various cities throughout Canada and having huge promotion in New York City via Brooklyn’s BCAT Television Ninja Ryders began generating huge buzz as a household name. Ninja Ryders Sound’s success made an enormous growth by re-establishing itself as more than just a sound system by releasing over 200 mixtapes and 2 EP releases all between 2006-present giving birth to the highly successful strictly for lovers, lovers Rock & R&B Mixes. One of Ninja Ryders Sound most recognized accomplishments thus far came when Canadian Hip Hop Sensation KOS. Chose them to be the entertainment for his brother’s wedding a privilege where Ninja Ryders truly excelled.
Ninja Ryders Sound has worked with some of the most biggest heavy weights in the Reggae & Hip Hop music industry such as Ninja Man, George Nooks, Freddie McGregor, Courtney Melody, John Holt, Gregory Isaacs, Nana Mclean, Wayne Wonder, KRS One just to name a few.
- Club Epiphany (250+), Toronto, ON (2001-02)
- Base Night Club (700+) Toronto, ON (2001-2002)
- Club Paradise (550+), Toronto, ON (2002-03)
- JJ Upper Level (200+), Toronto, ON (2003-04)
- Golden Banquet Hall (700+) Toronto, ON (2003-04)
- Zone One Entertainment Complex (500+) Toronto, ON (2002-05)
- Ocean’s Bay Night Club (350+) Toronto, ON (2004-05)
- Sydney’s Lounge (350+) Mississauga, ON (2008-Present)
- Dragon Ultra Lounge (200+) Toronto, ON (2009-Present)
Exclusively Held Ninja Ryders Sound Events:
- 1st Annual Layer Show 45 Clash via Sensimedia.Net (20,000+) online listeners (2003.
- 1st Annual NR Hoop off Stop the Violence Blocko Toronto, ON (2003)
- Shizzle Mi Nizzle Basement Blockos (500+) Toronto, ON (2003-04)
- 2nd Annual Layer Show 45 Clash via Sensimedia.Net (20,000+) online listeners (2004).
- 3 Annual Layer Show 45 Clash via Sensimedia.Net (25,000+) online listeners (2008).
- Original Dance Inna Rub a Dub Style Part 1 NR’s Anniversary via Sensimedia.Net (35,000+) Online Listeners (2008).
- Original Dance Inna Rub a Dub Style Part 2 via Sensimedia.Net (35,000+) Online Listeners (2009)
Out of Town Bookings:
BCAT Television Interview and music segment with Sound Wave Entertainment New York City Viewed by over 100,000 viewers throughout New York’s Urban Entertainment scene New York City (2003)
Old Harbor’s Annual Summer Fish Fry (2006) St Catherine’s, Jamaica
NR Radio Station Appearances:
CHRY 105.5 FM (Various) Toronto, ON (2001-2014)
CLKN 88.1 FM (Various) Toronto, ON (2001-05)
CIUT 89.5 FM (Various) Toronto, ON (2015-Present)
Ninja Ryders Sound continues to release highly successful mixtape series entitled Strictly For Lovers featuring old and new lovers rock, Cultural Mystic featuring old and new roots Reggae, Itz Official featuring old and new Hip Hop & R&B, Dancehall Jumpoff featuring old and new dancehall, Gospel Favourites.
Ninja Ryders Sound is available for corporate events, concerts, festivals, sound clashes and night clubs Ninja Ryders, continues to keep the originality of the DJ industry alive always delivering in top form: Reggae, Top 40, Hip Hop, R&B, Soca, Pop, Old School.
For Bookings and Contact Information:
All Ninja Ryders Sound booking prices vary based on size, venue, and location.
(Where necessary, promoter, purchaser is mandatory to provide round trip flight and all accommodations).
Please use our
“Bookings” section to book Ninja Ryders Sound for your next event.